- AboutHeart of God International Ministries, Inc. By networking ministries with like passion and mission, Heart of God International Ministries (HGIM) was formed to fulfill the Lord’s commission to every believer … To “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15); To be a demonstration of love, mercy, and compassion to all nations, people groups, languages, and beliefs; To offer humanitarian relief and assistance in the time of disaster, calamity, and/or war to all people regardless of race, nationality, religious preferences, age, or gender; To expand the global Body through the planting of new churches and assemblies and ongoing discipleship; To be a voice for those who are silenced through social or cultural oppression; To encourage unity in the Body of Christ breaking down denominational barriers so the emphasis on our corporate commission of being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ will effectively communicate the Gospel of Love with or without the spoken or written Word; and To enable the precious and sacred gifts bestowed on mankind through faith in Christ so the full benefit of God-given talents can be utilized for the expansion and strengthening of His kingdom on earth. Ours is a…
- Sponsor A Child
- Haiti FactsHaiti Facts GEOGRAPHY Haiti occupies the western third of the Caribbean island of Hispaniola, sharing a border with the Dominican Republic. It sits about 700 miles off the coast of Miami and occupies an area just slightly smaller than the state of Maryland. CAPITAL Port-au-Prince CLIMATE Being a tropical climate, Haiti is hot and humid during most months of the year. Some areas of the country, however, can be almost desert-like and dry where the mountains cut off the trade winds. TERRAIN AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES Most of Haiti is rugged and mountainous. Mass deforestation and poor environmental controls have left large areas of the country bare and contributed to large-scale loss of topsoil. Much of the remaining forested land is being cleared and used as fuel. NATURAL HAZARDS Haiti lies in the middle of the hurricane belt and subject to severe storms from June to October. In 2010, Haiti experienced a magnitude 7 earthquake. DEMOGRAPHICS Haiti has a very large young population, in part because of a high birthrate and shorter life expectancies – 37% of Haitians are younger than 14, 59% are between 15 and 64 years old, and just 3% are 65 and older. POPULATION Over 9 million…
- ContactThank you for taking the time to visit Heart of God Haiti. We’re always eager to welcome our guests and to hear from you. If you would like to leave a comment or feedback, please take a moment to complete the form below. Thank you. [easyform id="1"] Thank you for using this form to share your information with us. We want you to know Heart of God in Haiti (Heart of God International Ministries, Inc.) doesn’t take your trust lightly. Your contact and personal information is safe with us. Regardless what email list you have subscribed to or how you have contacted us, your personal information is PRIVATE and not made public to anyone. To this end, we have employed the service of opt-in/opt-out email service providers (ie, Constant Contact) to distribute our bulk emails, giving you the opportunity to subscribe or unsubscribe at will. Your information is stored on a secure server and is not made available to any other service or provider. We NEVER sell or offer our lists to anyone for any price for any reason at any time whatsoever; we consider that to be offensive and a breach of confidence and trust. Prayer…
Leading by example.
Launching into adult life.
- Solutions From Science Partners with Heart of God Haiti
- Having A Heart For God: Being Off The Grid In Haiti
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION If you're interested in joining the May 2013 Outreach Team, download the application and follow the instructions. For questions or additional information, contact Dave Young or Scott Ingram.
David and Julie are CPAs, working full-time in the accounting firm they own; they both serve on the Board of Directors of Heart of God International Ministries. If you would like to invite David to visit your church or organization to discuss the challenges associated with life in Haiti, please contact him using the form on the Contact page.Subscribe for email updates. Unsubscribe at any time.Dave Young, Executive Director of Heart of God Haiti, and his wife, Julie, would love the opportunity to share their vision for the children in Haiti with you. Dave and Julie have a powerful testimony of how God brought their son, RJ, out of the devastation in Haiti immediately after the earthquake of 2010. Dave frequently speaks to churches, organizations, associations, and schools about life in Haiti and the challenges children face in a land where poverty is widespread and intricately woven into every part of the culture. Both
Recent PodcastListen to the Radio Interview of David Young and Jan Ross on 07/20/2012 Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 56:35 — 23.5MB)
The Orphanage, located in the mountainous region of Kenscoff, is a testimony in itself–one you will want to learn about. Following a rough dirty road through the nearby village, the Orphanage is set on the side of a hill; clouds often roll in, blanketing the site with a slight mist filtering the sun. The children are safe and well cared for. A recent unannounced visit proved beneficial as we found things in order, although repairs were needed to the facility. With very limited resources, much has been done to protect and nurture the children who are happy and secure. Our goal is to provide those things necessary to complete the government certification program while strengthening the ministry to the local community. In order to maintain the Orphanage, we need your help. Please consider making a one-time or monthly donation to help cover the necessary expenses for the children we love, care for and mentor.
Click HERE TO DONATE TO HAITI
What We Need
- Food per month: $1,020/month
- Monthly staff salary: $550
- Supplies for Orphanage/Church: $350/month
- Fuel for truck: $250/month
- Room & Board for Missionary: $50/day
- Cell Phone for Missionary: $100/month
- Cell Phone for Pastor: $50/month
- Internet service: $100/month
- Interpreter Staff: $500/month
- Transportation & Staff Meals : $250/month
Please consider making a one-time or monthly donation to help cover the necessary expenses for the children we love, care for and mentor.
Sponsorship is only $30 a month and will provide your child with meals, shelter, Christian training, clothing, public education, medical clinics and health monitoring, all in a loving and nurturing environment.
Click HERE to learn about sponsoring one of these children NOW!